Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Here We Go!

This is the first of many blog postings to come. : )

At times it seems like it's been ages since graduation, but at the same time the past two months have been a whirlwind of getting everything ready for Zambia. I think I have all the forms and paperwork I need, and my three suitcases are sitting in my room ready for the last minute things to be packed.

I don't think the reality of going home to Africa will sink in until we're flying over the airport in Lusaka, ready to land. I cannot wait! Not only am I excited to be back in Africa, but I'm also excited to teach again. I'm ready for the challenges and the rewards, and building friendships with the seminary family in Zambia.

Our flight leaves from Chicago at around 8pm Thursday the 23rd and we'll arrive in Lusaka, Zambia at 6:50am on Saturday. We have a stop in London first, with an 8 hour layover. I'll let you know how our travels were when we get to Lusaka and get our internet up and running.

Thank you to everyone who has supported this ministry with their offerings and prayers! We pray that you will continue to do so. I can't wait to keep everyone updated with this blog. Feel free to ask questions or post comments.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    St. Paul's School in Wonewoc, WI (where your Aunt Helen teaches) has selected our third quarter children's mission offering to the work you are about to embark on in Africa. We wish you God's blessings as you share the Word half-way around the world. We hope to keep in contact with you and look forward to your updates.
    In Christ,
    St. Paul's Students and Staff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again, Rachel! I'll be praying for your safe travels, and blessings on your teaching there. Can't wait to hear/read all about it! :)
    Love,
    Cait

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's blessings on your travel and teaching. I'm happy that you are able to return to Africa. It will be very exciting for you to go back. Is this a WELS Kingdom Workers project?
    Dawn Brooks (DMLC classmate of your Mom's and Ethan Brooks's Aunt)

    ReplyDelete