Saturday, March 17, 2012

Quiet Saturday

Last night was the first time I’ve heard it rain during the night. It was loud enough to wake me up. I love listening to the rain and thunder while snug in my bed! At 8 when I got up it was still raining out, although not as heavily. I got up that early because I made arrangements to take 3 families pictures today since yesterday didn’t work out for them. So after successfully taking those I came back and did a little bit of planning. At 10 I went around with Erika while she was taking pictures of her ladies’ families and we also passed out the song lyrics for the song we’re singing on Wednesday.

We had no plans for anything today so the majority of our day was spent lesson planning. We made little booklets that we are going to use in preschool now, and I planned out most of my week for English. Usually I just do it a day at a time but I really wanted to have a better idea of my week this week. Pastor Sargent said they’ve got an extra printer that they’re going to let us use for the rest of our time here, which will make our lives so much simpler!! We’ll be able to print our worksheets right here in the guest house instead of trying to find a time to make it over to the press during business hours. That’ll take one step out of the equation so all we’ll have to do is make photocopies. We’re so excited for him to install the printer to our laptops tomorrow! I made things for English class a lot simpler this week. I’ll plan on doing lots of review and working on spelling the same vocab word we’ve been learning for a while.
We felt pretty productive after working hard for a few hours on planning. Unfortunately our power did go out at 11 so most of it was handwritten. We’re happy we got those extra few hours in the morning with power. We were going to take a break and walk up to the store for some groceries and on our way we met Dave leaving his driveway. He said Dee was headed into town at 3 so we could catch a ride for her. So we did more planning for another hour or so and then caught a ride into town. We stocked up on our groceries for a week so hopefully won’t have to take any more trips into town until Friday, when we’re going to get our business visas.

When we got back from shopping the power was back on and the kids were out playing kickball with Dave so we headed over to watch the rest of their game. Sophie Birner is back on spring break from Prep so we got to see her and talked about her long, brutal flight.

For supper we cooked some veggies and eggs. It was very yummy! I called A. Margie and asked her if we could take her up on her offer to come over and watch TV and she said come on over! So Erika and I headed over there after supper and got to watch some March Madness and some tennis. It’s so nice going over there and watching some American TV J. We stayed for a few hours and then came back to go to bed since there’s church tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment