Monday, May 7, 2012

Regular Schedule!

Today was our first real day of being back to our original routine. All the visitors are gone, and school starts up for the kids again. There must have been an opening day thing at schools today since our morning tutoring kids didn’t all come. Out of my four boys, I only had Junior come, which was OK actually because I think he benefitted from the one on one time. He is such a sweet little boy but is pretty far behind as far as reading goes for his age. We had a nice morning though, just the two of us. We were back under our tents today instead of at the Moyos. It felt good to be back there. It seems like ages since we tutored there last!

After tutoring we got a couple nice pictures with Anne. She got all dressed up in her beautiful chitenje and hair wrap. I think we got some pretty nice pictures with her. She might be going on holiday for a few days just to unwind from her crazy 3 weeks of cooking 3 meals a day every day! We just hope she'll be back before we leave.

After that we had English, and that was back at the Moyos. Pastor Phiri also used that classroom for Bible Class today so we figured we’d keep them there for class. Today we did work with a map. Using the buildings we have learned, we extended the lesson to work with directions and where things are located on the map. As a review of the directions, we first had a little exercise where I asked ladies two at a time to do something in relation to direction. For example: Doris, stand behind Ella. Stand to the right of Kaluwa. Stand in the center of the room. Go to the west of Regina etc. That seems to work pretty well and got them moving a bit. Then we moved into the map. We also gave them a worksheet with a bunch of questions on location of certain buildings or which direction to go when going from one building to another. That took the majority of our time and was the perfect amount of challenging. The ladies worked so hard and did a great job. I was so proud of my ladies especially because I thought that could be pretty tricky for them but they did so well!

After class we headed home for lunch. We had boring PB&Js again, but now that we have that wonderful bakery bread we don’t mind it so much. Mr. Zulu came over to get more pictures with us. He is such a sweet man with the best laugh ever!

Afternoon tutoring was just Pimbi. And Erika only had Mirriam show up, so it was a girls’ afternoon. We had lots of giggling going on because Pimbi discovered how to stick the pencil to her nostrils by breathing in hard. It was so cute. We had to break for a mini photo shoot of that special talent. I am just going to miss this little sweetheart girl!

The afternoon was pretty lazy. I got another thing crossed off my list. I also tried opening my Spotify music account this afternoon. I didn’t think it’d work over here but it did, so I treated myself by listening to my favorite music which I haven’t heard in months. Crazy how little things like this can put you in such a good mood.
We took a little walk up to our fruit and veg stand with Dee to pick up some more delicious mangoes because she heard they had a new delivery in, but unfortunately that was false information. It was still nice to get out and enjoy the beautiful late afternoon sun and breeze.

For supper we had rice-nice brown rice that Anne gave us today- with salsa, chicken which I marinated with a bit of lemon juice and garlic salt, and our usual stir fry. It was tasty if I do say so myself.
We were going to head over to the guest house again to watch some cable TV and do some printing but Dee informed us that Herman, the owner of the Wildlife Camp, is staying there tonight, so we decided to let him have some peace instead of just randomly showing up and disturbing him. J

Nothing else really exciting happened today. Even though it was a routine day, I try not to take these wonderful “routine” days for granted. Whether we’re doing something exciting or not, I am just so happy to be here and trying to soak up every day I have left.

2 comments:

  1. Why was the owner of the Wildlife Camp staying at the Seminary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since many missionaries stay at the Wildlife Camp and he sometimes gives them a good deal, they let him stay at the guest house when he passes through Lusaka. He's also good friends with Pastor Sargent.

    ReplyDelete