Monday, April 2, 2012

Can't think of a creative title...

This morning I did not want to wake up. It was the perfect sleeping weather, slightly chilly so you could really snuggle under the covers. I got up anyway and this morning I had Ndamiwe and Elias and then Junior and Justice. They did really well today. I made a little worksheet thing for the first two boys focusing on letters, basic words, shapes etc. and then with the younger boys we continued our flashcards. Mrs. Martin also stopped by briefly to watch what we do.

In English I made it a review day today. We did 2 worksheets which reviewed different things like verbs, adjectives and nouns and another one which reviewed verb tenses. At the way end I also reviewed body parts. It was a fairly productive day! The ladies were asking all kinds of good questions about words—whether “where” and “how” are verbs, and what tense they were, and also asked about pronouns. I like it when they ask questions because then I know what to teach another day.

During lunch I felt sleepy for some reason, so I read my book a little bit and then took a nap for a good 40 minutes. It felt so wonderful! The sun was shining but it wasn’t too warm, and there was a cool breeze blowing through my window. Perfect napping weather!

This afternoon I had Sovereign and Shadreck. It’s been a while since I’ve seen these two because last week they didn’t come at all since we were in Livingstone. It was so good to see them. Sovereign is such a sweet girl and so eager to learn! Shadreck did really well today also…he knows a lot of English words…he’s a smart guy!

After tutoring I worked for good chunk of time on PowerPoints for future English lessons this week and I created a couple worksheets. Then Mrs. Birner came over and said they were playing volleyball again this afternoon. So at 4 we went over and played volleyball with the missionaries ‘til about 6. Then we came back for Anne’s delicious supper of chicken, noodles and beans. The power went out shortly after supper but the generator came on, so we weren’t too long in the darkness. Today was a pretty routine day. It’s nice to have those. J

No comments:

Post a Comment