Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is Risen!

Happy Easter everybody! This’ll be a short one because I’m exhausted.
This morning’s Easter service was wonderful. Church was very full and the flowers and white up front looked beautiful. The choirs were also beautiful and the sermon was great. Once again Pastor made me think about things I’ve never really thought of before. He took a closer look at John, Peter, and Mary and how they reacted to seeing Jesus’ empty tomb. He also puts a lot of personal application in his sermon, which I like. One of the favorite parts of the service was when the women’s choir sang, which is most of our ladies, and at one point in the song they all took out their imaginary machine guns to kill Satan. It was so neat and the congregation loved it!
My other favorite part of the service was at the end when Pastor had us all stand up and just start singing a song of thankfulness and praise to God. The whole church was standing up and clapping and joyful. I got the song on video and I wish I could upload it.

After church we relaxed for a bit. I threw some laundry in and had a small lunch and then went out to play with some kids. I found my usual crew: Steward, Brian, Corn, Pimbi, Aubrey and Violet. We played with the balls for a while and just hung out. Shortly after playing with the kids I headed over to Uncle Ernie and Aunt Margie’s…around 3ish. Erika stayed back because she wanted to take a quick nap. I ended up just relaxing on their couch and watching some great animal shows on National Geographic. Erika came over a little after that and we just watched some more TV until supper was ready.

As always, Aunt Margie cooked a delicious meal! The ham was so good. She said she glazes it with pureed pineapple and brown sugar. There were also green beans, cauliflower, delicious cheesy potatoes and a wonderful fruit salad. We also had delicious South African wine with dinner. For dessert we had a homemade chocolate pie. After supper we watched a little more TV, this time some historical shows but I didn’t last long…we were both nodding off.
Overall it was a wonderful Easter Day. It was wonderful because it was spent in good company, but more importantly it was wonderful because what Jesus has done! It was such a blessing to still be able to celebrate Easter with family even though I’m thousands of miles away from my immediate family. I have been thinking about them all day though. Love and miss you Mom, Dad, Dave, Joe and Ruthie! J

No comments:

Post a Comment