Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday

It felt wonderful to sleep past 5am this morning! The sad thing was, I still thought I was at the Wildlife Camp though, so when I woke up really early (it must have been around 5) I thought it was almost time to get up for a game drive. When I realized I was not at Luangwa anymore, it made me sad. I dreamt about being on a game drive and seeing lions too.
Anyway, I got out of bed around 8:30 and checked all 52 notifications on my Luangwa pictures. It still frustrates me that my pictures are not in the correct order…especially the airplane pictures. Oh well, I do not have the patience or time to move them all. I can’t seem to find an easy way to do in on Facebook either. There’s got to be an easy way you can move all your pictures around.

We were expecting to go into town with Dee around 9:30 but there was some delay and so we didn’t get to leave ‘til around 11. I should have been productive and did some planning but we thought we were leaving “any second” for about an hour. J It was nice to have a ride to get groceries again and not have to mess with the minibuses.

When we got home we unloaded groceries for Anne since she’s still cooking for a couple more weeks while there are continuing education courses here on campus. That poor lady looked so exhausted when I popped in to say hello to her. I’m sure she’ll be ready to crash when these next two weeks are over.
We also got to say hello to some of our kids! That’s always my favorite part. To get to hug and tickle the little munchkins again.
Then this afternoon we watched a lot of Friends and got addicted to editing our Luangwa photos. I made the picture so much clearer on a lot of them. I am so excited to get an apartment and get to decorate the walls with cool collages of all my pictures!

For supper we made spaghetti and stir fry and then I worked on some essay writing. I want to submit some photos for the Thalassa prize at MLC. No harm in trying. J
For English tomorrow I decided to do a little review since it’s been quite a while since we’ve had class. I know about 3 of my ladies are still helping Anne in the kitchen, so I’ll probably have a small group. We don’t tutor tomorrow either, so we’ll have to see what fun thing we can do.

It’s so strange writing about “normal” things again instead of what animals we saw on game drives. The whole day Erika and I would say to each other “right now we’d be having lunch” or “right now we’d be getting ready for our night drive” or “right now we’d just be finishing our sundowner and the spotlight would be going”. It made us sad to think about. We both had a serious case of post-vacation blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment